March 02, 2014

Two Oscars for Today

Oscar image by Danilo Rizzuti

Today is the big night in Hollywood -- the night of the Academy Awards, or more commonly known as "The Oscars". So what about another famous Oscar -- I refer to Oscar Wilde. I would be hard pressed to think of a wittier man, so today seemed appropriate to offer a few of his words.

Quotes for today:
For those receiving an Oscar this evening:
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."
~ Oscar Wilde

and some more of Oscar's wit:

Garden Path quilt block
Garden Path
"I like men who have a future and women who have a past."
~ Oscar Wilde

For those who do not win an Oscar tonight, perhaps they were led down the Garden Path. Okay, that was lame, but the quilt block is pretty. .


Oscar Image courtesy of Danilo Rizzuti / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Garden Path © W. Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment