May 09, 2014

A Shout-Out to all the great Moms out there - Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Choice quilt block
Mother's Choice
It's Mother's Day on Sunday so I thought it only appropriate to celebrate all those Moms out there with the quilt block called Mother's Choice. This quilt block is a little more challenging than some, but only for the reason that there are many pieces in the block. If you are precise in sewing your quarter inch seam allowance, your block will turn out fine.

This block contains only common patches -- the half square triangle, the flying geese patches  and some squares.

Now of course there will be quotes for all you Moms out there, just so you know how important you are in the lives of your family.

Quotes about Mothers

My Mom
Happy Mother's Day to my Mom
  • "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his."
    ~ Oscar Wilde

  • "I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her"
    ~ Ellen DeGeneres

  • "God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers."
    ~ Rudyard Kipling

  • "Mothers are the necessity of invention."
    ~ Bill Watterson

No comments:

Post a Comment