December 04, 2015

Mermaid's Hair

Mermaid's hair quilt block image © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com
Mermaid's Hair quilt block
The colours I chose for this quilt block were derived from the character of Ariel in the Disney movie The Little Mermaid. I also seem to remember while reading Superman comics when I was a kid, that one of his many girlfriends was "Lori Lemaris", a mermaid with red hair. So, how could I tamper with that?

This is an easy five patch block to construct and uses only the two most basic quilt patches -- the square and half square triangle. I choose to construct the block as an uneven nine patch as I find that an easier method than sewing five rows of five patches.

Download the free quilt block pattern for Mermaid's Hair.

Mermaid Quotes just for fun

  • "I'm always happy when I'm surrounded by water, I think I'm a mermaid or I was a mermaid."
    ~ Beyonce Knowles

  • "The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake."
    - from the movie "The Little Mermaid" (1989)

  • "But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more."
    ~ Hans Christian Andersen [The Little Mermaid]

  • "I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."
    ~ Anaïs Nin


'Mermaid's Hair' quilt block image © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com

This website uses cookies. By using the services and products of this website, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment