May 16, 2017

Crow's Feet quilt block

I have to say that I don't think I would ever choose the name Crow's Feet for a quilt block -- or for anything else for that matter. Maybe that is because I am of "a certain age" and this is a term I am not crazy about. However, the designer of this quilt block did not ask me. :-)

Crow's Feet quilt block pattern - image © Wendy Russell
Crow's Feet quilt block

I was pleased how this block turned out. I was asked to create more quilt block patterns with neutral colour schemes, and so I went with the brown family of colours. I actually like it! The dark brown and the orangey browns perk it up quite a bit, but it still "reads" neutral.

The two sample quilts below look entirely different, yet are created using the same block. The "arrows" are quite prominent in the quilt made with blocks set side by side, but almost disappear in the quilt set on point -- your eye is drawn elsewhere.

Sample quilts made using the Crow's Feet quilt block - images © Wendy Russell
Sample quilts made using the Crow's Feet quilt block
All images © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com

This website uses cookies. By using the services and products of this website, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment